Friday, March 19, 2010

Miss Eden




Introducing 'Miss Eden', wearing a lovely green confection....... I have had these wonderful green leaf tiles for some time; they even made the move from Bermuda to Aspen this past summer. Then I found the green tiles for the field of the dress at Daltile. What I debated on for some time was the choice of grout color. I wanted there to be enough contrast to show the green tiles and the leaves, but every time I tried to think about another color-white, ivory, tan, I kept coming back to green. I opened a brand new bag of grout called 'Green Tea' and it just wasn't right. Then I remembered a bag that I had that was darker. When I read the name, 'Verdigris', I knew I had my color!
As the seasons progress here from winter to spring, I am having increasing trouble photographing my pieces. It has been a glorious week, sunny and warm. But that makes for mud and dirty snow! I photograph my pieces outside in the daylight, hopefully by the river that runs by our office/studio. Some days I have to dodge cars that are parked in my view and now I have to try to crop out the mud and the dirty snow! You will always be able to tell when I completed a piece by the background outside.
Miss Eden is off to Ft. Worth for Main Street.


No comments:

Post a Comment