Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wolf Portrait Study


I have spent the last week in Texas resting after the Main St. Festival. My sister, Jill, was 9 mos. pregnant expecting her second child any day. Yesterday was a rainy day in DFW and I spent the day creating this wolf piece. I am interested in exploring the importance of the grout to a piece. While the tile is the main focus, the grout is really, really important and in this case, can define a piece. Visions West Gallery in Denver is hosting a show on behalf of the National Resources Defense Council and the theme is the Gray Wolf. I have titled this piece 'Wolf Portrait Study' as I would really like to do this piece again in Italian Smalti. Today, I became an aunt again as we welcomed Whitney Alise Phillips weighing in at 8 lbs. 13 oz. Mommy and Baby are both doing well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shelly,
    It was so much fun being your neighbor at the Fort Worth show. I can't believe you're still there-it feels like a lifetime ago for me. I've already had another show here in the Bay Area, and fly out to DFW next week for the Cottonwood show.
    I hope all is well with you-things with me are good.
    BTW, here is my Facebook page to see more of my family:http:
    //www.facebook.com/home.php?#!
    /profile.php?id=537669210&ref=profile
    Take care,
    Chris Honeysett

    ReplyDelete