Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hanging Sculptures?!

I am often asked about where people should display their sculptures.  Sometimes people have a hard time imagining where a 3 dimensional piece should go.  So I thought I would try something new.  Always fun to go down a different path for a bit, stretch your mind some.  I have created a form for a half sculpture, one that will hang on a wall as a 2 dimensional piece of artwork.  However, mine have 'relief'.  They actually come off the wall as if the 3 dimensional sculpture were cut down the middle or center.  Photos below show my first attempt with four pieces currently available from BlueStone Gallery in Philadelphia (267) 773-8114.  Thank you Pam for allowing me the freedom in your space to try something new!
'Reese' 17 H x 6 W, $1600

'Miss Morris' 17 H x 8 W, $1600

'Miss Stewart' 17 H x 8 W, $1600

'Miss Tiffany' 17 H x 8 W, $1600

No comments:

Post a Comment